Please ensure you read and fully understand these booking terms and conditions. If anything is unclear, please contact us so we can explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings. Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- A contract between you and the owner will come into existence when payment is received, and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed holiday dates. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- A non-refundable 50% deposit of the holiday cost is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than four weeks before your arrival date must be paid in full, plus the £500 refundable damage deposit.
- All monies should be paid by electronic bank transfer.
- The balance must be paid no later than four weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date, then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing. Full refund if cancelled more than 2 months before check-in. If you cancel your holiday more than 4 weeks but less than eight weeks before it is due to start, then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 4 weeks before the holiday, then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- No parties or events – the maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 12 and only those listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Overtown Manor is a Grade II listed property and access is by steps up to the main entrance of the property and all the bedrooms are accessed by the main staircase. There are no lifts or ramps in the property should anyone require assistance.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age and we would prefer not to have any stag or hen party bookings.
- The owner reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representatives reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies commence at 4pm on the agreed arrival date and guests are required to vacate the property by 9.30am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
- Vaping or smoking anywhere inside the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by smoking will be at the expense of you.
- We love dogs and will happily allow a maximum of 2, well behaved dogs at any one time at a cost of £25 per dog per week or part of.
- Please keep pets in the kitchen only. Please do not leave dogs alone in the house. Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their pets.
- In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you, pets or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. A security deposit of £500 is required and will be returned within 7 days of the end of your holiday, less the cost of damage/breakages.
- Damages and breakages – please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage.
- Please do not move any furniture from one room to another.
- Please remove muddy shoes before entering the house.
- Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
- Please make sure you switch off lights, heating, or any electrical appliances when you go out.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building or grounds.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, water, internet connection or television service.
- The owners are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
- Please park your vehicles in the designated parking spaces, ensuring cars do not block access to other vehicles or farm gates.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Barbecue – please use the designated barbecue utensils and clean the barbecue after use.
- Candles are not allowed inside the house except the storm lanterns in the kitchen.
- Check-out is by 9.30am on the day of departure. Upon departure all rubbish must be removed and placed in the bins provided and the house should be left in reasonable order.
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
The owners live on-site in the adjoining flat.